We have learned of another grant opportunity for which you may be eligible. The Rural Relief Small Business Grants range from $5,000 to $20,000 are available to small businesses facing immediate financial pressure due to COVID-19. Although we may not think of Keller as being rural, we qualify under their definition of a community with a population of 50,000 or less, as the City of Keller population is 45,400.
The application period is now open and you can apply here: https://lisc.tfaforms.net/234 Applications must be submitted by Monday, November 2nd at 11:59PM ET.
These grants can be used for:
- Payables to include rent and utilities
- Meeting payroll (to include the applicant)
- Paying outstanding debt to vendors
- Other immediate operational costs
Who is eligible?
- Please review the FAQ and grant informationbefore applying: https://www.lisc.org/covid-19/small-business-assistance/small-business-relief-grants/frequently-asked-questions/
- Only small businesses located in rural communities are eligible at this time. Rural communities are defined as having a population of 50,000 or less (Keller’s population is 45,400).
- A community is defined as the city/town/village where your business address is located. If the business is mobile (a food truck, fishing boat, ride share driver, etc) please use the address where your vehicle is stored during non-business hours.
- Non-profit organizations are ineligible for the relief funding program at this time, but may be eligible for later rounds of funding.
- If you have received funding in an earlier LISC COVID Relief Grant you are ineligible and should not reapply, even if you own multiple businesses.
The grant is being offered by LISC (Local Initiatives Support Corporation). LISC is a national non-profit corporation that has been around since 1979. They receive funding from banks, corporations, foundations and government agencies, and use the funding to provide financing (loans, grants and equity) and technical and management assistance to local partners and developers.
The current round of applications are due November 2nd; however, there are three additional application rounds between now and February 2021.
- October 26 – November 2, 2020
- November 26 – December 2, 2020
- December 29, 2020 – January 5, 2021
- January 26 – February 2, 2021
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us.
City of Keller – Economic Development Department
Big-City Comforts, Small-Town Charm